Steve Marcionetti, President of Card Concepts, Inc (CCI) and multi-laundromat owner, joins me on the podcast this week to cover a HUGE range of laundromat-related wisdom.
We center around the pros and cons of adding a card system into your laundromat as a payment alternative or replacement for the increasing number of coins required to operate laundry machines. Steve gives a ton of great advice on how to add value to your customers AND to your business through using a card payment system without drifting into a sales pitch.
This episode by a true veteran in the industry is packed with practical information, including:
- Steve’s background in the laundromat industry
- Changes he’s seen in the laundromat industry over the past 22 years
- What draws investors to this industry
- What changes are coming in the laundromat industry
- What Steve thinks successful owners are doing better than average owners
- The benefits of a card payment system
- Things to consider when deciding to add a card payment system
- Are card systems suitable for lower-income areas?
- Effective promotions with card systems
- How to add value to your customers
- Getting referrals before you get into business or make a large business purchase
- Is a card system too big of an expense for your laundromat?
And a ton more!
Listen To The Podcast Here
Watch The Podcast Here
AtmosphereTV– We’re brought to you today by my friends at AtmoshereTV! Now You may have heard my interview a few months back with Mike Kelly from AtmosphereTV where we talked about what a simple change in content on your TVs can do for your laundromat by getting depressing news stations OFF and something much more fun, entertaining, and family-friendly ON. Since then, Atmosphere has grown to 50+ channels included in their service with everything from Surfing Dogs to Extreme sports, hilarious fails, and jaw-dropping videos from all over the world built specifically for business use. Atmosphere can be used to supplement your cable or you can completely cut your expensive cable bill and use Atmosphere 100% FREE saving thousands a year! Use my code RESOURCE when you check out or click the link or image to have your setup fee waived or contact [email protected]Atmosphere.tv for more information!
Laundromat Resource Marketing– If you need help building or managing a website for your laundromats, let the experts at Laundromat Resource Marketing help you design and build a custom, professional website for you! As experts in the laundromat industry AND in web design and online marketing, we at Laundromat Resource Marketing are able to provide you with a professional website at an affordable price. We’re always transparent so there are no hidden fees. What we quote you is what you pay. Satisfaction and performance guaranteed! With no contracts to sign and guarantees like that, why not let us take care of your online presence while you focus on welcoming all of your new laundry customers? Click the logo or link above to find out more information.
Links from the show
- Tom Donnelly’s Interview on the Laundromat Resource Podcast (Buying a laundromat sight-unseen across the country)
Thomas Landenberger’s Interview on the Laundromat Resource Podcast (Living in the Italian countryside & owning a laundromat in Florida)
Luke Williford’s Interview on the Laundromat Resource Podcast (Owning 37 laundromats & counting)
Rick Rome’s Interview on the Laundromat Resource Podcast (Closing down his self-serve laundromat due to a booming pickup & delivery business)
- Diligence Capital Investments
- Laundromat Investor Resources
- Join Laundromat Resource
- Laundromat Resource Forums
- Laundromat Resource Blog
- Be a guest on the podcast!
- Sell your laundromat
- Laundromat Resource Coaching
Connect with Steve
Family owned and operated, Card Concepts, Inc. was born from over 40 years of experience in the vended laundry industry. The company was founded in 2000 with the aim of providing innovative and reliable payment products, making strong use of redundant systems to protect our customer’s interests. Steve Marcionetti started the business with his father Dion and brother Andy and has built a distribution network of over 200 resellers that now serve over 2000 CCI locations. The Marcionetti family also own an operate a small chain of Laundromats in the Chicagoland area as well as run a laundromat equipment distributor.