Laundromat Resource Forums Laundromats How far is too far?

3 voices
2 replies
  • Author
      Anthony Uva
      Participant

Hello All,

A question for experienced owners.
      I’ve been looking for my first laundromat but have not found anything suitable in my desired area. I was trying to stay within a 30 minute drive time. So now, I’m considering looking further out.

I’ve identified one that looks promising, but it’s about and 1 hour 15 minutes without traffic. During times of heavy traffic that time could be a good deal longer. I could plan on driving mostly “off hours” when there’s not a lot of traffic as much as possible…

What are your opinions on distance? Keep in mind I’m experienced in owning a business and entrepreneurship but this would be my first laundromat.

Thanks!!

Bryan Wilson
      Participant

With Technology, you can make most stores wireless

If you do decide to go after the store and hour away hire a store manager if possible
      A unattended store Driving 3hrs to and from to handle a customer issue can be a headache
      You learn quickly in this business people don’t pay attention to signs or instructions for.
      Hate to see you waste 3 hrs to handle a coin issue

If possible, stay within a 30 min drive

Alex Alleva
      Participant

Anthony i am in a similar situation. There is a laundromat about 1hr from me that is for sale but i am torn deciding if its even worth looking at because of the commute. With traffic i can see it being as long as 2hrs to get to the laundromat. As i am typing this i am quickly convincing myself that the commute is not worth it lol. I agree with Bryan, 30 min is reasonable.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Laundromat Resource Forums Laundromats How far is too far?