Laundromat Resource Forums Laundromats Hours of Operation

2 voices
2 replies
  • Author
      Dave Sisson
      Participant

Hello everyone – “newbie” here. I’ve been checking out my local laundromats in Delaware and I’m surprised to see so many of them are closing around 6:00 – 7:00 in the evening. I always thought that mats generally stayed open until 9:00 – 10:00 because people working a day job would get their laundry done in the evening. One owner I spoke with has an attended mat and closes at 7:00 because he doesn’t want his employees to be in danger, even though this isn’t a high crime area. What are your thoughts about hours of operations? Also, what about a hybrid setup where the mat is attended for some hours but unattended at other times?

Trenton Adams
        Participant

Dave
          it seems that every one has a bit different approach to hours etc. we currently are open 6 am to midnight as a hybrid. we have cleaners show up at 7am and they clean store and process WDF order till noon. then we have a another cleaner come in about 4-5pm and do a light cleaning. sweep change trash bags etc. most issues are easy to take care of over the phone since we have ability to start and put machines out of order remotely. hopefully this helps some with your questions but local factors may play into your operation such as the if it is high crime etc.

Trent

Dave Sisson
            Participant

Thanks for sharing, Trenton! It sounds like you have an effective game plan in place that works for you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Laundromat Resource Forums Laundromats Hours of Operation